- Purpose of the National Trail GIS Data Schema
- National Trail GIS Data Schema for download (link when finalized)
- National Trail GIS Data Schema Implementation Document (link when finalized)
- Fields and domains spreadsheet (link when finalized)
- Meeting Notes (link when finalized)
- National Trail GIS Data Schema Change Log (link when finalized)
The National Trail GIS Data Schema Working Group, launched in June of 2018, is comprised of federal agency subject matter experts who manage trail data within their jurisdictions, National Historic and National Scenic Trail representatives who manage trail data between multiple federal, state, and private jurisdictions, and GIS standard creation experts.
The Working Group has developed a geospatial template that provides a standardized framework for storing trail spatial data. The template can be utilized by all agencies and partners to establish a unifying and common trail GIS data structure. The National Trail GIS Data Schema is meant to be applied to trails of all kinds, including National Scenic Trails (NST) and National Historic Trails (NHT). Using the (2011) as the foundation, the National Trail GIS Data Schema will allow for national aggregation of publicly facing trail data from multiple agencies and partners into a common schema GIS database.
The National Trail GIS Data Schema will make it achievable to have better GIS coordination and collaboration between agencies and partners for various trail projects, efficient sharing of authoritative trail data with the public, and better GIS decision making support for trails.